The falling away has begun….2 Thessalonians 2:3
The Messiah in the Old Testament
Yahushua said, “For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me; for he wrote about Me”
Deuteronomy 18:15-19, will raise up unto thee a Prophet from the midst of thee, of thy brethren, like unto me.
Parallel life of Moses and Yahushua
1. both their lives were threatened by evil kings, Exodus 1:22, Matthew 2:16-18
2. Both spent their early years in Egypt. Matthew 2:13
3. Both taught new truths from God.
4. Both cured lepers (Num 12:10-15; Matt. 8:2-3) and confronted demonic powers.
5. Both appointed 70 men for service: Num. 11:16-17); (Luke 10:1, 17)
6. Both had something to do with the passover
7. Both had a successor with the same name! Yahushua!
The argument of those that believe it the old testament only
1. No savior besides me….Isaiah 43:10-11
a.) Who delivered Israel the first time? Moses….Exodus 3:8…I am come down? Ex 3:10 -12….I will send thee unto Pharaoh, that thou mayest bring forth my people the children of Israel out of Egypt. Exodus 3:17,,,I will bring you up out of the affliction of Egypt Ex 3:17 (KJV)
2. David would rule…Jeremiah 30:8-9
a.) No scripture is of private interpretation ….2 Peter 1:20
b.) Scripture must be rightly divided ….2 Timothy 2:15
c.) Isaiah 11:1, 11:10…And in that day there shall be a root of Jesse,
d.) The word root in Hebrew means (sharash); a root, bottom, deep, heel, root.Basically a deep root out of Jesse.
e.) I will raise unto David a righteous Branch Jer 23:5.
f.) Jer 33:15-16 …I cause the Branch of righteousness to grow up unto David
g. ) Confirmation….2 Samuel 7:4-16, Psalm 89:3-4 David’s seed!!!!
David spoke of the Messiah
1. Psalms 16:10 Set apart one – Holy One.
2. Psalms 110:1…The Lord said unto my Lord,
Israel is the only begotten of the Father
1. ISAIAH 49:5, EXODUS 4:22-23, HOSEA 11:1-2
2. Romans 8:29 The Messiah is the first born
3. John 3:6…Israel is the first born of the flesh, Yahushua is the first born of the Spirit
Salvation is through the Law
1. No longer through keeping the law only! Mark 16:16 , John 3:6
2. The blood of the Messiah for cleansing of sins, Isaiah 1:11,